1. The Library will investigate collaborating with other regional libraries on
developing cooperative print reference collections in order to reduce
expensive redundancy of little-used material.
2. The print reference collection will be reevaluated and reduced by 20%.
3. The feasibility of offering live online reference service during regular
library hours will be explored. Virtual reference systems will be
4. In response to the rapid growth of the aging community, the large
print collection will be increased as necessary.
5. The teen Summer Reading Program enrollment and sessions will be
increased by 20%.
6. A Teen Advisory Board will be formed and topical clubs will be
encouraged for young adults based on their current interests.
7. The Local History collection will be moved to the Founder’s Room. The
collection management policy will be reviewed and updated and the
collection built and refined accordingly.