How to get a
Finkelstein Memorial Library cards are available to all residents and property owners in the East Ramapo Central School District (ERCSD). Library cards are valid at all public libraries in the Ramapo Catskill Library System. Library cards can be obtained by presenting a valid photo ID and proof of ERCSD address with your name. Anyone 18 years or older must present a valid photo ID.
Please call us if you have any questions. 845-352-5700, ext. 250 or stop by the Circulation desk as you enter the Library.
The following are acceptable for a valid photo ID:
- MV Driver’s License
- MV Non-Driver’s Photo ID
- Passport/Consulate Card
- ERCSD School Photo ID (14-17 years of age)
- *If a 14-17 year old or older person (son or daughter) does not have an ERCSD School Photo ID, then the requirements for **children ages 5-13 apply.
- **Children ages 5-13 or older must have an ERCSD resident parent or legal guardian present with them to sign for new registration or a replacement card plus one or two of the following:
- Current ERCSD Bus Pass/ERCSD School Registration Papers
- Valid Birth Certificate (original copy and in English language)
- Current ERCSD School Report Card or Current Report Card with child’s name and address (for non-ERCSD student)
And one of the following for proof of residence in ERCSD with your name and address: (current=30 days). Using electronic devices is acceptable to show proof of residence from this column.
- Current Gas and Electric /oil bill (O& R)
- Current Cable TV Bill (Cablevision, FIOS, Direct TV, etc)
- Current Property Tax Bill
- Current Home Telephone Bill (Verizon, Optimum, etc)
- Current Water Bill (Suez Water New York)
- Current Broadband/Internet Service Provider Bill (Verizon, AOL, etc)
- Current Mortgage Loan Bill
two of the following mail for proof of residence in ERCSD with your name and address: (current=30 days)
- Current Voter’s Card
- Current Bank Statement (mailed to you)
- Current Credit Card Statement (mailed to you)
- Current Social Security Services Letter Statement from the county (mailed to you)
- Current Auto Insurance Card/Statement (mailed to you)
- Current W-2 Tax Statement (mailed to you) or Current Official Pay Stub
- Current Cellular Phone Bill (mailed to you)
Library Policy pertaining to your Library Card:
- A library card is issued to you, the individual, to uniquely identify you as a registered
borrower. Library cards are not transferable to anyone else. Staff may request photo ID.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed with your card and for materials borrowed
by your minor child (17 years and under). You are responsible for late fees and charges.
- A lost card should be reported immediately. Borrowers are responsible for materials taken
out with their cards until the card is reported lost or stolen. A replacement card may be
obtained with a valid photo ID and payment of $2.00.
- You must have your card in order to check out any library material. In the event that you
forgot your card, FML card holders may still check out items with a valid photo ID and
payment of $1.00.
When you sign your application and when you use your card, you indicate your acceptance
of library policies, including those referred above.