FRIENDS OF THE
The Friends of the Finkelstein Memorial Library is an autonomous not-for-profit (501©3) corporation.
We are funded by nominal membership dues, book sales and other fund raisers, as well as tax-deductible donations from individuals and community business partners.
Our supporters and members, from the East Ramapo Central School District community and other Rockland localities, value our library as an outstanding broad-based educational and cultural center.
- To act as a liaison between the community and the Library Board of Trustees and Administration.
- To fund special projects which benefit library patrons.
- To offer educational, cultural and entertainment programs throughout the year.
- To provide assistance to library administrators and staff for various activities.
We invite you to browse our Book Nook located on the lobby level of the library anytime during operating hours.
The Book Sale proceeds are used to fund special programs and resources for the library patrons and our mission is to promote reading by:
- Placing more books in more hands
- Advocating for the library
- Encouraging volunteerism
The Friends Board of Directors consists of a group of diverse individuals who love the library and appreciate the varied and unique services that the library provides to meet the needs of all people from a multiethnic population.
We welcome anyone who is interested in volunteering to help advance our goals.
Rena Finkelstein: President
Elena Lavalas: Vice President
Ann Thomas: Secretary
Alexis Montalban: Treasurer
David Eig: Book Sales
Phyllis Eig: Correspondence & Memberships
Frank Dailey: Board Member
Len Greenberg: Board Member
Carol Salmon: Board Member
To join the board, make a donation, volunteer or share a suggestion, please contact us at:
Tel. (845) 290-8845