FRIENDS OF THE
The Friends of the Finkelstein Memorial Library is an autonomous not-for-profit (501©3) corporation.
We are funded by nominal membership dues, book sales and other fund raisers, and tax-deductible donations from individuals and community business partners.
Our supporters and members, from the East Ramapo community and other Rockland localities, value our library as an outstanding broad-based educational and cultural center.
The Friends Board of Directors consists of a group of diverse individuals who love the library and appreciate the varied and unique services that the library provides to meet the needs of all people from a multiethnic population.
We welcome anyone who is interested in volunteering to help advance our goals.
- To act as a liaison between the community and the Library Board of Trustees and Administration.
- To fund special projects which benefit library patrons.
- To offer educational, cultural and entertainment programs throughout the year.
- To provide assistance to library administrators and staff for various activities.
The Book Sale proceeds are used to fund special programs and resources for the library patrons.
Our mission is to promote reading by:
- Placing more books in more hands
- Advocating for the library
- Encouraging volunteerism
Rena Finkelstein: President
Elena Lavalas: Vice President
Carol Salmon: Secretary
Ann Thomas: Co-Secretary
Alexis Montalban: Treasurer
David Eig: Book Sales
Phyllis Eig: Correspondence & Memberships
Beverly Kaplan: Board Member
Frank Dailey: Board Member
Len Greenberg: Board Member
To join the board, make a donation, volunteer or share a suggestion, please contact us at: