HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
Finkelstein Memorial Library is proud to introduce our online library card application process. Please confirm you can fulfill the requirements for getting a card from us before using the link to fill out your information.
Finkelstein Memorial Library cards are available to all residents and property owners in the East Ramapo Central School District (ERCSD). Library cards are valid at all public libraries in the Ramapo Catskill Library System. Library cards can be obtained by presenting a valid photo ID and proof of ERCSD address with your name . Anyone 18 years or older must present a valid photo ID.
The following are acceptable for a valid photo ID:
- MV Driver’s License
- MV Non-Driver’s Photo ID
- Passport/Consulate Card
- ERCSD School Photo ID (14-17 years of age)
*If a 14-17 year old or older person (son or daughter) does not have an ERCSD School Photo ID, then the requirements for **children ages 5-13 apply.
**Children ages 5-13 or older must have an ERCSD resident parent or legal guardian present with them to sign for new registration or a replacement card plus one or two of the following:
- Current ERCSD Bus Pass/ERCSD School Registration Papers
- Valid Birth Certificate (original copy and in English language)
- Current ERCSD School Report Card or Current Report Card with child’s name and address (for non-ERCSD student)
- Adults will be asked to show a photo ID (such as a passport or a driver’s license).
- PLUS a current utility bill with YOUR NAME and address on it. Utility bills on electronic devices are acceptable.
- If you do not have a current utility bill with YOUR NAME and address on it, then you may show two (2) recent letters that were mailed to you (such as a credit card statement, a bank statement, a voter’s card, a car registration plus a car insurance card, a letter from US Social Security, a mortgage statement, a letter from Rockland County Social Services department, a cell phone bill, or a renter’s agreement). Again, you will need two of these items if you don’t have a utility bill, and these must be paper copies, not on electronic devices.
- Students who are between the ages of 14 and 17 need only bring an East Ramapo Central School District school photo ID.
- If this card is for your child, then you will need to bring your child to the library and bring one of the following items: a bus pass, a report card with child’s name and address, or child’s birth certificate with parent’s proof of residence (see paragraphs above).
Library Policy pertaining to your Library Card
- A library card is issued to you, the individual, to uniquely identify you as a registered
borrower. Library cards are not transferable to anyone else. Staff may request photo ID.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed with your card and for materials borrowed
by your minor child (17 years and under). You are responsible for late fees and charges.
- A lost card should be reported immediately. Borrowers are responsible for materials taken
out with their cards until the card is reported lost or stolen. A replacement card may be
obtained with a valid photo ID and payment of $2.00
- You must have your card in order to check out any library material. In the event that you
forgot your card, FML card holders may still check out items with a valid photo ID and payment of $1.00.
When you sign your application and when you use your card, you indicate your acceptance of library policies, including those referred above.