We will use the website, social media, and this eNews to continue to get you the latest updates.
- Monday – Thursday / 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Friday / 9:30 am – 5:30
- Saturday & Sunday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Monday – Thursday: 9:30 am-6:30 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am-5:30 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 1:30 pm-4:30 pm
The Library offers FREE guest passes or tickets to several museums (see list here) making it easier than ever to reap the benefits of living in such close proximity to some of the best museums in the world!
- Must be a Finkelstein cardholder at least 18 years old.
- All reserved tickets or passes must be picked up the same day they are reserved.
- No more than 2 reserves for tickets or passes (combined) per use.
- No more than 2 reserves for a museum that requires tickets, per calendar year.
- Passes must be returned to the library. Tickets do not need to be returned.
- The loan period for passes is three days. (For example, if you pick up a pass on Monday, it would be due back on Thursday.)
Please stop by the Library or call (845)352-5700, ext. 244 to inquire about pass or ticket availability. You can arrange to pick up tickets or passes if available.
You may place a hold:
1. Online: Log in to your account and place a hold online. See instructions below.
2. By Phone: Call the Library at (845) 352-5700.
Adult Dept.: ext. 244. Children’s Dept.:ext. 237
3. In Person: Visit the Library’s Adult or Children’s reference desks
The Library will notify you by e-mail, phone, or mail (your choice) when a hold is available for pick up. If you need help placing a hold, library staff will guide you through the process, or place a hold for you.
HOW TO PLACE A HOLD ONLINE
STEP 1. Search for the item you want by (title, author, etc.) in the Search Box (top right of page) on the Library’s home page
STEP 2. If the item is not available, Click on the “Request it” button (see below).
STEP 3. If you aren’t logged in, Enter your Barcode number on the back of your Library card. All barcodes start with 22191…..etc. Be sure to enter your barcode without spaces.
Enter your PIN number. PIN is a 4 digit number that you selected when you signed up for a library card. If you know your PIN, you can change it once you’re logged in. The default is the last four digits of the telephone number you gave us.
STEP 4: To confirm that your hold was placed, click on My Account (upper right hand corner of the screen). Your hold will be displayed on the Main page. Once you are logged in, you can place multiple holds. If you don’t share your computer with others, you may choose to save your login information on your computer. You won’t have to enter the barcode, PIN each time.